District Court Answer to Complaint (write-in-the-blank form)


By: Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA)

Download a free write-in-the-blank court form to file an Answer to a Complaint in District Court.
Resource Information

Before You Start

You only have 21 calendar days after you were served with a Complaint in District Court to file a written Answer. You must file the Answer with the Clerk of District Court where the Complaint was filed. You can download the District Court Answer to Complaint form at the bottom of this page.

IMPORTANT: Eviction court papers have a shorter deadline. If you were served with eviction court papers, you only have 5 business days to file a written answer. Do not use this form if you were served with eviction court papers. Instead, go to our Answer to Eviction Lawsuit form.

Need More Information?

If you have any questions about your rights or this form, it would be a good idea to read our Step-by-Step Guide for How to Answer When You Get Sued

Need Help?

Montana Legal Services Association provides free civil legal help to eligible clients. Learn more about how to apply for free legal help in Montana

Find more resources using our interactive Legal Guide.
Last Updated

Last review and update: