Enforcing Your Parenting Plan Packet (write-in-the-blank forms)


By: Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA)

Download free forms to file with the court when the other parent is not following your parenting plan. Only use these forms if you have a final parenting plan ordered from the court.
Resource Information

Before You Start

You can download and fill out these free write-in-the-blank court forms to Enforce Your Parenting Plan. Enforcing your parenting plan means asking the court to do something that makes the other parent follow the parenting plan the court already ordered.  It does not mean asking the court to change your plan. 

The forms come with instructions to help you fill them out, file them with the Clerk of District Court, and serve the other parent. You can download the form to Enforce Your Parenting Plan at the bottom of this page.  

What if the other parent has hurt me?

There are a few important things to know if you are leaving a violent or abusive relationship. The end of a violent relationship is sometimes the most dangerous point for the victim and children. There may be free legal and non-legal help for people leaving a domestic violence relationship. It is a good idea to come up with a safety plan. You may also want to look into getting an Order of Protection. It is important to know that the Court may base some of its decisions on safety concerns for the parents and/or children. 

Need more information?

The forms have instructions on how to fill them out and file them. If you have more questions about your rights or these forms, it would be a good idea to read our article 10 Steps for when the Other Parent Won't Follow Your Parenting Plan

Need help?

Montana Legal Services Association provides free civil legal help to eligible clients. Learn more about how to apply for free legal help

Find more resources using our interactive Legal Guide.
Last Updated

Last review and update: